Suite opening hours
Barr Smith Library Edit Suites
The BSL edit suites (BSL229) are situated directly across from the Barr Smith Library Recording Studio on Level 1 of Barr Smith Library.
There are 2 iMac computers available which have software installed to edit and produce multimedia content for online learning. Each machine has the following software installed:
- Adobe CC Creative Suite including Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- TechSmith Camtasia Studio 9
There are a number of templates and processes unique to The University of Adelaide which have been developed by the LEI video production team and have been designed to work with footage shot in the Barr Smith Library recording studio. Guides and tutorials on how to use these templates can be found on the Guides and Tutorials page.
Booking a suite
Use your Outlook calendar to check suite availability and to make a booking. Add “bsl229edit1" or "bsl229edit2" (check availability) to a calendar invite like you would when inviting a colleague. Once the suite is added, you will be able to see the availability by clicking on 'Scheduling'. Some of the key things to remember include:
- bookings are a minimum of 1 hour and maximum of 3 hours - longer bookings can be made by arrangement
- same-day bookings will NOT be accepted
- bookings are tentative until they have been accepted/confirmed by a delegate of the Barr Smith Library Recording Studio
- contact BarrSmithLibraryRecordingStudio@adelaide.edu.au if you require any assistance with your booking
- access keys can be collect from a delegate of the Barr Smith Library Recording Studio at the time of your booking start time.