Communities of Practice Institute
Communities of Practice Developers' and Facilitators' Institute, 7-10 December 2015
Hosted by the Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor & Vice-President (Academic), The University of Adelaide
The Communities of Practice (CoP) Developers' and Facilitators' Institute will bring together educators from across Australia to engage in collaborative social learning to explore challenges and opportunities in teaching, learning, and institutional change, and build leadership capacity in the facilitation of CoPs.
This event is tailored for academic leaders and practitioners in higher education who are engaged in, or interested in designing, implementing, and facilitating CoPs to support enhancement and innovation in learning and teaching.
The Institute will be held off campus at the Stamford Grand Adelaide in Glenelg, South Australia.
- An introduction to the benefits of using CoPs to enhance and innovate in learning and teaching
- Developing the scholarship of teaching and learning using CoPs
- Sixteen evidence-based recommendations for building CoP infrastructure
- Building leadership capacity through CoPs
- Evidence that CoPs are successful in enhancing staff development, student learning, and institutional change
- Developing community
Our very experienced facilitators are Milton D Cox, Miami University, and Associate Professor Jacquie McDonald, University of Southern Queensland.