ADEPT – Flexible modes of delivery: The Evolution of the Lecture (Workshop)
- Date: Mon, 14, 9:30 am - Tue, 15 Dec 2020, 11:00 am
- Location: Via Zoom - details to be sent upon registration
- Cost: Free
- More information: Register via eventbrite for the two sessions
- Contact: Michelle Ratzmer Project Officer – Curriculum Design/Strategic Initiatives
- Email: email@example.com
- Dr Beth Loveys Co-Facilitator
- Joanne England Co-Facilitator
This ADEPT module will provide course coordinators and educators with an understanding of the educational theory behind student engagement in an online environment and the tools to successfully convert lecture content from f2f to online delivery making effective use of video in a way that is appropriate to your discipline.
You will develop an increased awareness of the techniques available for improving student engagement with video content and increased confidence in delivering online synchronous and asynchronous lectures.
As part of the Emerging Leaders pathway, this module assumes that participants are familiar with the higher education sector and have at least a basic knowledge of foundational learning and teaching related theories and concepts.
It is recommended that you have already completed the ADEPT Developing Educators pathway modules Introduction to University Teaching and Designing Engaging Learning Environments.
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop will be run over 2 x 1.5hr sessions.
DATES: Monday 14th and Tuesday 15th of December
TIME: 9:30am - 11am