- Date: Thu, 28, 7:30 pm - Fri, 29 Jan 2021, 3:30 am
- Location: Online (UK time - recordings available after registration)
The 2021 STEM conference will provide an opportunity to reflect on, learn from, and further progress our responses to the COVID-19 crisis, to ensure that our approaches to STEM education are more resilient, effective and inclusive and to identify the new opportunities that have arisen from the pandemic.
- Date: Mon, 8, 9:00 am - Sun, 21 Feb 2021, 5:00 pm
- Location: Online, self-directed course
University teaching is a complex task. When we first start to teach, nothing is automatic. Everything has to be carefully thought through.
- Date: Thu, 18, 9:30 am - Fri, 19 Feb 2021, 11:00 am
- Location: Remote Workshop
This ADEPT module will provide course coordinators and educators with an understanding of the educational theory behind student engagement in an online environment and the tools to successfully convert lecture content from f2f to online delivery making effective use of video in a way that is appropriate to your discipline.
- Date: Mon, 22, 10:00 am - Wed, 24 Feb 2021, 12:00 pm
- Location: Remote Delivery
This module is part of the Developing Educators pathway of the ADEPT Continuing Professional Development.
- Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021, 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Location: https://www.universitiesaustralia.edu.au/policy-submissions/teaching-learning-funding/australian-awards-for-university-teaching/
On Wednesday 24 February 2021, 4pm AEDT (3.30pm Adelaide time), Universities Australia (UA) will make a formal announcement regarding the 2020 Australian Awards for University Teaching in the AAUT-UA website.
- Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2021, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Location: Online
In this presentation, Dr McCallum will discuss the various approaches he has taken over 20 years to the challenge of engaging students. Drawing on his research in Game Development and player-focused approaches to creating experiences, he discusses agency, competence, and relatedness as psychological motivators and how assessment can support engagement. How the narrative description of assessment is as important as the mathematical correctness.
- Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Location: Via Zoom
The student experience of online learning in the time of Covid-19 and its implications for the on-campus experience in 2021 and beyond.
- Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021, 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Location: Via Zoom
In these information sessions learn about the new Academic Integrity policy, including how course coordinators and others can work effectively with the new Academic Integrity Officers in each school to support academic integrity investigations.
- Date: Mon, 15, 9:00 am - Tue, 23 Mar 2021, 5:00 pm
- Location: Remote, MyUni course
This ADEPT module will cover the why, what, and how of designing and delivering quality Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) experiences through the application of evidence-based approaches that are responsive to current industry and community needs. It will address three dimensions of a quality WIL experience: student experience, industry engagement, and curriculum design.
- Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Location: To be confirmed
The Undergraduate Research Conference offers an exciting opportunity for students and recent graduates to showcase research completed as part of their undergraduate coursework, a summer or other research internship, a research-based degree program, or voluntary work.
- Date: Tue, 20, 9:00 am - Thu, 22 Jul 2021, 1:30 pm
- Location: Blended event format - details available soon!
The Festival of Learning and Teaching returns in 2021 - this time in a blended format!