The University of Adelaide is partnering with LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) to provide students and staff with free access to a wide range of current online learning resources to support in-demand professional and personal skills development.
The LinkedIn Learning library contains thousands of digital courses led by industry experts, covering a wide range of professional, creative and technical topics, aimed at all levels of learner.
Content is deliverable in bite-sized segments that can be viewed anytime, on any device, online and off, with new content being added every week.
The resources can be used to complement course content and can be embedded into MyUni courses. Course Coordinators who want to incorporate employability skills into their courses may find the content particularly useful.
- Time management and goal setting
- Communication and presentation skills
- Wellbeing and developing self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- How to use Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Learning new software and developing digital skills
- Practical professional skills such as writing business email and phone etiquette.
We now have a summary of courses that are currently in-demand in a format that maps to a broad range of employability competencies. In addition to the more widely recognised themes, topics also include adaptability, collaborating with others, data analysis, six sigma, machine learning and diversity / inclusion / belonging.
Download our LinkedIn Learning Digital Framework to see recommended courses mapped to:
- ICT Proficiency and Productivity
- Digital Learning and Development
- Digital Creation, Problem Solving and Innovation
- Collaboration, Communication and Participation
- Digital Identity and Wellbeing, and
- Information, Media and Data Literacy.
Please note that as of 1 July 2020, LinkedIn Learning will not be supporting Internet Explorer 11 across all products, due to low usage.
The first time you use LinkedIn Learning you need to activate your University of Adelaide LinkedIn Learning account.
To activate your LinkedIn Learning account:
- Go to LinkedIn Learning
- Click ‘Sign In’.
- Log in with your UofA staff ID number and password and follow the prompts to setup your account
- Choose whether to link your LinkedIn and LinkedIn Learning accounts (see note below)
- If you choose to link your accounts you will need to enter the email on your LinkedIn account and your personal password (one time only)
You are given the option to link your LinkedIn and LinkedIn Learning accounts. If you choose to connect your LinkedIn profile to your LinkedIn Learning account, you will receive additional features such as course recommendations relevant to your experience and interests and information about current trends. Any future log-ins will be directly through your LinkedIn profile.
If you opt to continue without utilising a LinkedIn profile, you will connect via your LinkedIn Learning account each time.
Mobile app access
- Look for LinkedIn Learning: Online Courses to Learn Skills app on Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Install and then open the app.
- Sign in using the same email address and password you use for LinkedIn.com OR your student / staff email and password.
Further information is available on the Privacy Information for LinkedIn Learning Learners page.
The application is licensed by the Division of Academic and Student Engagement.
For help and support please contact the following teams:
- For academic staff interested in using LinkedIn Learning content in their courses please contact the Student Employability Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions related to professional development (academic and professional staff) contact email@example.com
- For technical support contact the ITDS helpdesk on ext 33000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For teaching and MyUni support contact ext 33000 or email@example.com.
How to integrate LinkedIn Learning resources in a MyUni course