Learning Analytics Community of Practice
A community of students, academic and professional staff who are interested in identifying and making use of data to inform best practice and evidence-based decision making in learning and teaching.
Monthly Meetings Face to Face and Via ZOOM
We have a core membership but are keen to have folks participate intermittently or even once or twice; bring your question along to a meeting and as a group we will work toward a solution.
- Each agenda includes: discussion, problem identification, learning and solutions
- Lunch and snacks provide an opportunity to reflect and share experiences
- One project solution is usually published each year
Resources and Examples of Recent Projects and Solutions
The value of program wide Spaced and Paced Learning and Assessment
Cognitive load theory revisited [VIDEO]
Students and staff discuss the problem of coincident assessment in the program [VIDEO]
Students and staff discuss the problem and solution [VIDEO]
Infographic illustrating the challenge and solution of coincident in semester assessment
Recent publications of interest
- Kerry Wilkinson, Imogen McNamara, Karina Riggs and David Wilson. Using learning analytics to evaluate course design and student behaviour in an online foundations of wine science course. Learning Analytics & Knowledge Conference, March 5-9 2018 Sydney, Australia
- Karina Riggs, Kerry Wilkinson, Imogen McNamara and David Wilson Using learning analytics to evaluate course design and student behaviour in an online foundations of wine science course HERDSA July 2-5 2018, Adelaide Australia.
Details of our meetings can be obtained by contacting the facilitator: David Wilson.
Members of the Learning Analytics CoP includes amateurs and experts sharing solutions