LMS Analytics enables staff to -
- See the number of Views and Participations in each of the course elements
- Sort each column
- Search a course element or title (full title or partial)
- Identify who has/not viewed or participated/not participated in any of the 'Titles' (Topics) in a 'Course Element'
- See students first and last access
- Filter required data
- Download the data to a
Actions that will generate a (student) view.
The following actions will generate a (student) view -
- Accessing a MyUni page within the Course
- Downloading a file
Actions that will generate (student) analytics course participation.
The following actions by students will generate analytics course participation -
- Loading a collaboration to view/edit the document
- Joining a web conference
- Posting a new comment to a discussion or an announcement
- Starting and submitting a quiz
- Submitting an assignment
- Creating a wiki page
Further information on LMS Analytics.
Student Lists in LMS Analytics
- Identify which Students have engaged with a ‘Course Elements’/’Titles’ by clicking on a topic under the ‘Title’ column.
- This will generate a new view
withinthe LMS Analytics showing the list of Students who have engaged with the ‘Course Elements’/ ’Titles’.
- Change the Student list by clicking on the appropriate button in the Filter table.
- Ability to download the Student list by clicking on the
What can you do with a student list?
Identify students who have not viewed the topic(s) in the ‘Course Elements’/
- Send timely reminders to students to remind them to access the ’Titles’ and why they should access the ‘Titles'. For example, a particular ‘Title’ may be important in preparation for an exam. Download the CSV file to obtain Student email addresses, and copy these into your email client.
- Identify students 'at risk' to inform interventions
- Identify resource usage patterns e.g. resources students found to be valuable
- Limit speculation and subjective interpretations through the use of data
- Predict future student performance (based on past patterns of the learning experience)
- Instructor to Students feedback mechanism
- Multiple topics ('Titles') filters