Trusts and Bequests Compliance
The Trusts Officer is responsible for managing the University-wide compliance reporting program for trusts and bequests to ensure that the income of each trust is spent only for the purposes specified by the donor. Divisional and Faculty Heads must certify each year that the expenditure for each trust is compliant with the terms of that trust.
All Faculties, Schools and local areas are responsible for administering the expenditure of these trusts and bequests and are therefore required to liaise with the Trusts Officer about trust related decisions and administration of the trust generally.
Trusts and bequests are managed across different branches of the University:-
- Financial Services manage all investment aspects of trusts and bequests - refer to the University's Investment Strategy and Endowment Fund;
- External Relations manage donor relations, fundraising and the University's Giving Framework;
- Local Schools and Faculties of the University manage the expenditure from the trust for the purpose specified by the donor and local management and administration of the prize/award or scholarship/fund.
University Trust Records
The terms of each trust are recorded in the University's Trust Records (UTRs). This record sets out the basis upon which the donation was gifted to the University, the University's obligations and also any administrative arrangements, ie the Rules for the Prize/Scholarship or Fund.
To view the University Trust Records, use the links below.
To view the Prizes and Scholarships offered by Schools and Faculties, please refer to the relevant Faculty/School web page:-
- Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of the Professions
- Faculty of Sciences