Universities' Research Repository - South Australia (URRSA)
URRSA (formerly the Joint Library Store) is a cooperative venture of Flinders University, the University of Adelaide and the University of South Australia. It provides secure, high density storage for lesser-used volumes of the three university libraries.
All University of Adelaide Library items located in URRSA are identified by the (URRSA) location in Library Search, and may be delivered to the Barr Smith Library or to any of the branch libraries on request.
Users who wish to consult large collections of material held in URRSA may visit the facility during opening hours.
- Location & Contact
URRSA is located on the campus of the Flinders University of South Australia, to the west of Carpark 9. Parking is available adjacent to the building. Drive through Carpark 9, past the Flinders Press.
You can find us on this Google Map.
Mail: Universities' Research Repository - South Australia
Flinders University of South Australia
GPO Box 2100, Adelaide, S.A. 5001
Telephone: +61 8 8201 2821
Fax: +61 8 8201 3572
- URRSA Borrowing Conditions
- Items paged (requested) from URRSA back to one of the University of Adelaide libraries may be borrowed for 4 weeks. This also applies to bound volumes of journals.
- 'Not for loan' items such as University of Adelaide theses may not be borrowed but must be used in the Library once transferred from Store.
- Registered borrowers of the University of Adelaide Library may borrow items directly from the University of Adelaide URRSA collection for a period of 4 weeks.
- Some URRSA items may not be borrowed because of the fragility of the material; they may be consulted in the Store's reading room.
- Requesting an item from URRSA
Anyone may ask for an URRSA item to be paged from URRSA to any of the University of Adelaide libraries.
Registered members of the University of Adelaide community should use the Request facility in Library Search to ask for a book or a whole volume of a journal from URRSA.
Members of the University of Adelaide community can request an individual article from a journal in URRSA - use the ILL request form in Library Search for a copy of the article to be delivered by email.
If you are not a student or staff member of the University of Adelaide you can ask for a book or a whole volume of a journal to be paged from URRSA. Just ask staff at Ask Library.
When can I collect the requested item?
Requests for physical items lodged before 12.00 noon on Monday to Friday, for the Barr Smith Library or the Waite Library, will usually be available for pick up from those libraries after 3.30pm the same day.
Requests lodged after 12.00 noon will be available for collection after 3.30pm on the following weekday.
Requests lodged before 12.00 noon, for the Law, Elder Music or Roseworthy Library will be available for collection after 3.30pm on the following weekday.
You'll receive an email message telling you that the item is available, or you can check MyLibrary to see if your Request has been filled.
Items retrieved for you are held for seven days before being returned to URRSA.