Temporary Restrictions at Law Library
Due to construction work being carried out on the Napier building from Thursday 3 November to Wednesday 14 December (inclusive), access to the Northern side of the Sir John Salmond Law Library will be restricted.
During this period, the Ground Floor computer lab will not be available, as well as the Journal collection, Microfilm, and Microfiche collections, located on the Lower Ground Floor. However, the following arrangements will be in place.
- Some computers from the computer lab will be moved to the quiet lounge area, adjacent to the Ask Library desk, and in room G09.
- There are still two printers/scanners available at the Law Library, located by the main stairwell.
- The SWOT and Exams period “Total quiet zone” will cover the entirety of the Ground Floor.
- The bookable Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island student study rooms are still available and additional power will be available in these rooms. The rest of the study rooms are also still available, but unable to be booked.
Lower Ground Floor
- Items within the closed areas will unfortunately not be requestable, however please contact Ask Library if you would like us to assist with your request/enquiry.
- The large group study tables in the centre of the Lower Ground Floor will still be available.
You can also use the Barr Smith Library computers and study spaces. Please be aware that students and staff can exit via the usual emergency exits on the lower ground and ground floors of the Ligertwood building. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.