Professor John Gabriel Waterson (1924-1993)
Professor John Waterson graduated from the University of Adelaide with a Bachelor of Dental Science. Waterson taught at the University of Adelaide Dental School from 1963-1974. In late 1974, he was appointed to role of Professor of Oral Biology at the University of Western Australia, eventually taking up the role of Dean of the Faculty of Dental Science from 1976. In 1978 he joined the University of Melbourne as Professor of Conservative Dentistry until 1982, where he then became Professor of Restorative Dentistry until his retirement in 1988. In 1989 he received the Meritorious Service Award from the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons
He held numerous positions on University, Dental Board and Dental Hospital Committees in Adelaide, Perth and Melbourne, as well as taking part in many professional Associations and Societies. He was an inaugural Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons and a Fellow of the Internal College of Dentists.
- G.J. Wylie Centre Rules, Appendix. 1984. University of Melbourne, Faculty of Dentistry. Typescript
- Appendixes to the History of Dental Technicians Act. Compiled by Dr. D.C. Loader. Photocopy Typescript.
- Minutes of the Special Meeting of the Advanced Dental Technicians Qualifications Board held 14th March 1985.
- Copies of papers and articles written by John Waterson 1966-1976). Includes list of contents.
- Letter from John [Lavis] dated 16/10/1972
- Letter from John Lavis dated 1/12/1976 enclosed with a letter of recommendation for John Waterson for the position of Chair of Dental Health at the University of Adelaide
- Letters between John Waterson and Dr. V. Cowlishaw, dated 1975 regarding dental courses
- Papers related to the University of Adelaide, Faculty of Dentistry
- Papers related to Australian Dental Association
- Miscellanous articles on Dentistry by other authors