British Medical Association (South Australian Branch)
Series 1: Papers (3 cm)
Various circulars of the British Medical Association (South Australian Branch), dated 1928 to 1932.
A copy of the British Medical Association (South Australian Branch)'s Rules as to Ethics of Consultation.
Notice from the Adelaide Permanent Postgraduate Committee to the Members of the British Medical Association (South Australian Branch) dated June 28, 1929, regarding the functions of the committee and its membership. Includes inserted the time table for May, 1930.
Correspondence to Dr W. R. (William Roy) Angus.
Correspondence between the British Medical Association (South Australian Branch) and Dr W. R. Angus, dated 1930 to 1932.
Annual reports of the British Medical Association (South Australian Branch) for the years ending 30th June 1927, 1929 and 1930 and financial statements for the years ending 31st December 1926, 1928 and 1929.
The South Australian Government Gazette, February 16, 1928, pages 345-360, featuring a list of medical practitioners registered and residing in South Australia.
1.2 Examination papers
Examination papers from The University of Adelaide, 1918-1921, some with handwritten notes and markings.
- Latin, Senior Public Examination, March 1918
- French, Senior Public Examination, November 1918
- Physics, Higher Public Examination, 1918
- Biology, Higher Public Examination, 1918
- Inorganic Chemistry, Higher Public Examination, 1918
- Organic Chemistry, Ordinary examination for the degrees of B.A., B.Sc., M.B. and B.S., November 1919
- Anatomy, First Year, Ordinary examination for the degrees of M.B. and B.D.S., November 1919
- Anatomy, Second Year, Ordinary examination for the degrees of M.B. and B.S., November 1920
- Materia Medica, Second Year, Ordinary examination for the degrees of M.B. and B.S., November 1920
- Practical Bacteriology, Third Year, Examination for the degrees of M.B. and B.S., August 1921
- Principles and Practice of Surgery, Third and Fourth Years, Examination for the degrees of M.B. and B.S., November 1921
- Principles and Practice of Medicine, Third and Fourth Years, Examination for the degrees of M.B. and B.S., November 1921
- Regional and Surgical Anatomy, Third Year, Examination for the degrees of M.B. and B.S., November 1921
- Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Third Year, Examination for the degrees of M.B. and B.S., November 1921
1.3 Student notes
12 leaves, undated and author unknown - 10 typescript and 2 with hand drawn colour illustrations on the subject of general embryology. 1 leaf with a hand drawn colour illustration of a head in cross-section.
University of Adelaide invitation to the Medical School Dinner "The Second Year of 1920" December 3rd, 1920, at Grand Central Hotel, Adelaide. Includes menu and programme, and a number of signatures including that of W. R. Angus.
Adelaide University Sports Association invitation to the Australian Universities' Tennis Championship Dinner, 27th May, 1922, at Theatre Royal Cafe, Adelaide. Includes menu and a list of the teams involved and the team members. Has a number of signatures, chiefly on the front cover, including that of W. R. Angus.
Bulletin Public Health Notes, no. 9, Adelaide: Government Printer, January 1934 (8 pages).
Report of Sub-Committee of Federal Committee by Dr. F. S. Hone and Dr. H. S. Newland (4 unnumbered pages).
Series 2: South Australian Branch of the British Medical Association (Inc.) Press Cuttings Book No. 1. From 1942 (7 cm)
This is a book of newspaper cuttings all health related, some loose, chiefly from The Advertiser, but also from The News, The Age, The Sydney Morning Herald, Courier-Mail, The Australian, and others, dated 1942 to 1951. Includes some ms and typescript notes, inserted inside back cover, and some correspondence regarding the Pharmaceutical Benefits Act 1944 and the Pharmacy Benefits Scheme.
Series 3: Frederick Lewis Thyer (3 cm)
2 leaves ms notes biographical data on Frederick Lewis Thyer.
Newspaper cuttings of articles on Thyer, including:
- The Rhodes Scholar: a medical student selected, The Advertiser, 11 December 1923.
- Complimentary dinner for retiring Mayor, Mayoress, [publication unknown], 11 July 1968.
- Happy 90th birthday, Dr. Thyer… a salute to a distinguished Copper Triangle personality, Y.P. Country Times, November 3, 1992.
Photocopies of newspaper articles on Thyer.
Collection of 30 photographs (28 b/w and 2 colour), some with inscriptions on the reverse.
2 print wallets, one empty, one containing prints.
Balliol College Torpids 1925, February 25th, dinner booklet, with menu and The Toasts printed inside. Has the names of the First Crew and the Second Crew printed on the back cover. Front cover has been signed by a number of people.
Typescript copy of Thyer's thesis: An investigation of the value of certain pharmacological preparations or other substances in the treatment of experimental tuberculosis in animals by F. L. Thyer, Oxford: Magdalen College, July 1927, 48 leaves.