Fiji Broadcasting Commission
Studio script and tapes recorded by Jim Crago
Jim Crago was Chief announcer for the Fiji Broadcasting Commission from July 1958 – December 1967.
Series 1: 7” Tapes (Reel to Reel)
- Korotonga Estate. Barry Philp. 22 mins
- Sounds of Air India. Inaugural flight to Fiji. 24 mins. (3 tapes) Includes cue sheet, script of J. Crago’s comments, newspaper story of event. (3 pages. Fiji Times Aug 4th 1964).
- Part two of above. 29 mins. Includes cue sheet, script.
- Part three of above. 29 mins. Includes cue sheet, script.
- Fish trap and pottery making. Date: 27/7/1960. 21 mins. (at Yavulo Village, Sigatoka) Includes cue sheet, studio script.
- John Stannage. Interview. About his career in Radio since 1918. Date: 5/1/1965. 21 mins. Includes cue sheet, studio script.
- The Island of Ovalau. Visit description. Includes music. Date: 27/6/1960. 29 mins. Includes cue sheet, studio script.
- Interview with Capt. Fifita. Tongan Ship “Tuaikuepau” wrecked off Fiji 7/7/1962. Date 18/10/1962. Includes cue sheet.
- Wailotua Caves (Ono Caves) Date: 12/9/1962. 17 mins. Includes cue sheet.
- Talent Quest. Semi-Final No. 1. Date: 12/8/1963. 23 ½ mins. Includes cue sheet.
- Capt. Harry Lyon & Jim Warner Interview. Includes Fijian songs at end. Date: 2/8/1958. 17 mins. Includes cue sheet.
- Hospital ½ Hour. Local Artists. Date 20/1/1967. 24 mins. Includes list.
- Fijian Songs. Includes list of 12 song titles and artists.
- Odds & Ends. Lyon & Warner, Life on a Submarine, etc. Includes list
- Odds & Ends. Matter of Interest. John O’Grady Interview etc. Date: 1958/1959
Series 2: 5” Tapes (Reel to Reel)
- Here & There – Infant School. Date 15/6/19618 mins. Includes cue sheet.
- Here & There – Indian World Cyclist. Date: 25/9/1963. 6 ½ mins Includes cue sheet.
- Suva Grammer School. Veiuto. Music?
Series 3: 3” Tapes (Reel to Reel)
- Natives of Rabi Island. Includes Fijian Love Song (on side B?)
- South Pacific Games
- Mosese Kama at Nasilai. Interview. Includes cue sheet (Kingsford-Smith Take off 1928)
- Natives of Rabi Island. Includes handwritten song. (English Translation only)
- Isa Lei. Massed Choirs. F.B.C. Close down Theme.
- Suva Grammar School. School Song.
- Don Mitchell Interview. Exploration of wreck of “Altmore” (went down 1899) Date: 18/7/1964
- French Clocks (of Fiji) 2 Tapes. Chime & Interview. Includes rough handwritten notes.
- "Tropicana” (at 1 7/8 recording) [Sounds like a music program.] Date: 18/12/1963
Series 4: Miscellaneous
- Studio Script “Felix Count Von Luckner. 20th century Buccaneer” N.B. Jim’s copy of tape sent to D.B.C. after the official copy had been lost. Typed notes only
- Extra: 7” Reel to Reel Tape Fijian Music. 7 pieces. Includes list of titles and artists.
- Unidentified notes