Derek Thomas Healey
Derek Thomas Healey graduated with an Honours degree in Economics from Queen's University of Belfast and a Master of Arts degree from Oxford University. From 1952 to 1954 he worked as a Junior Research Officer at the Department of Applied Economics, Cambridge University and from 1954 to 1959 as a Departmental Demonstrator at the Agricultural Economics Research Institute. He spent a year of this period (1956-1957) as Associate Professor of Economics at the University of St Francis Xavier, Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada. From 1959 to 1962 he was employed as a Senior Research Officer at the Institute of Commonwealth Studies at Oxford University, before taking up a position as an economist with the Economic Development Institute of the World Bank in Washington. From 1964 until his retirement in 1990 Healey was Senior Lecturer, Reader and Associate Professor in the Department of Economics at the University of Adelaide, specialising in economic development, statistics and economic theory and policy, with a particular focus on the Asia-Pacific region.
These papers were presented to the Library by Mr Healey between 1990 and 1992 and reflect his teaching and research in a career spanning forty years. Further copies of individual research papers and reports, catalogued separately in previous years, can be found in both the Main and University Collections of the library.
1. Lectures notes. Oxford and Canada 1956-1962; University of Adelaide 1964-1990 (Economic development III 1964-90; Economics I and Social Economics 1965-70; Economic Institutions and Policy 1985-1990; Economic Development (Honours option) 1986; Economics IIIA, IIIB 1990; International Financial Issues (Honours option) 1990). 45 cm.
2. Research papers. 1953-1991. 70 cm.
See detailed listing
3. Book Reviews. 1964-1985. 10 items.
4. Study Leave Report. 1988 [published in Lumen 19 May 1989]
5. Statutory Declaration made in the matter of [extension of patent of] General Tyre and Rubber Co., 1967 [includes summary of Healey's professional career and publications to that time]
6. Papers by H.N. Das (Planning for Power Generation in the Southern Region of India, undated and Projection of Electricity Load Demand in India - a Note on the Forecasting Methods, undated)
7. Society for International Development, Australian Chapter. Newsletter no. 1-4, March-December 1967.
8. 'A note on auditing', with related correspondence and articles. April-November 1983.
9. Papers relating to the Centre for Asian Studies, including minutes and agenda paper of the [Committee of the] Centre for Asian Studies (1977-1985), Handbooks (1979, 1981, 1984-1985) and papers relating to the establishment of/appointment to the Chair in East Asian Studies (1980-1981). 1977-1985. 4cm.