Help transform health treatment, training and discovery
The University of Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences Building, its students and staff, will be neighbours to the new Royal Adelaide Hospital and the SA Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI). And within its top three floors will be the new Adelaide Dental Hospital. It will be a vibrant environment in which health students, staff, researchers and clinicians are integrated, moving easily between classroom, bedside and lab.
In 2017 the doors will open to incoming students at the new medical, dental and nursing clinical building to train a health workforce of the highest quality.
The new cutting-edge facility includes:
- High- and low-fidelity hospital simulation training for 1,600 students
- 240-seat multifunction public lecture theatre with retractable seating
- Interactive 90-seat theatre for case studies and demonstrative learning
- 89-chair public dental clinic
- Ground-floor retail and public facilities below a multi-storey internal atrium, mid-level student hub with external balconies, and external pavilion and student area
Your gift will help us build the State’s future health
In the year before it opens we are seeking to raise $2 million from generous alumni and friends, towards the total construction cost exceeding $230 million. We are also seeking donations to fund four community dental chairs for the care of homeless and disadvantaged dental patients.
Gifts of every size will help
Put your name where 250 medical and dental careers begin every year and where cures to the great health challenges are sought. Every donor who gives $500 or more will have their name included on the Donors’ Wall in the ground floor atrium. There are also opportunities to name labs, classrooms, learning stations and student lounges. Principal naming opportunities include the building itself, lecture theatres and the Deans’ offices.
To make a donation to help transform health treatment, training and discovery visit:
For more information:
Telephone: +61 8313 5800