Study the complex interaction of humans, societies and cultures both past and present.
Study the vast variety of culture and society the world has to offer. As an anthropology student at The University of Adelaide, you will examine the everyday lives of people in various settings all around the world. Anthropology dissects humanity and delves into human response, interaction and reflection.
As an anthropology student you will:
- Learn how each culture reacts to a wide range of topics like: death, gender, sexuality, popular culture, identity, violence and ritual
- Answer why humans act and react the way they do in specific cultural contexts
- Develop a sensitivity and appreciation of social and cultural diversity
- Become familiar with different cultural understanding and social practices
- Interact respectfully in a culturally-responsive way with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Discover and attain the methods and skills Anthropologists use to explore the diversity of human life.
The Department of Anthropology and Development Studies at The University of Adelaide is one of the earliest of its kind to be established in Australia. Our staff actively engaged in teaching and working throughout a wide range of anthropological practices (including Federal and State Government). As an anthropology student at The University of Adelaide you will be provided with practical skills and experience to successfully pursue a career in the sector of your choice.
Degrees that offer this study area
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of International Development
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Arts
- Diploma in Arts
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Arts
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the courses and programs it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary programs and courses without notice. Please read the important information contained in the disclaimer.
Last updated: 09 Jul 2019