Cybersecurity is a high-growth industry. As more devices and systems are connecting to the Internet—creating the Internet of Things—employers are increasingly seeking graduates who can develop secure and robust systems.
In this major, you’ll learn about cybersecurity management concepts—including security operations, risk management, security engineering and security architecture—and develop advanced skills in the technologies, processes and practices that protect networks, data and software systems from attack and unauthorised access. You’ll also have the option to undertake international study tours, such as a cybersecurity tour of Estonia.
With organisations all over the world actively seeking cybersecurity experts with advanced technical skills, you’ll be well placed to pursue a highly-rewarding career in a variety of industries, including: IT and telecommunications, banking and financial services, government, intelligence, defence and law enforcement.
Degrees that offer this study area
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Electrical & Electronic) with Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Electrical and Electronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Electrical and Electronic) with Bachelor of Finance and Banking
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Electrical and Electronic) with Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the courses and programs it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary programs and courses without notice. Please read the important information contained in the disclaimer.
Last updated: 09 Jul 2019