Augment your career reality. The immersive media wave is growing, with virtual, augmented and mixed reality set to explode. Exciting opportunities are emerging everywhere—from marketing, entertainment and digital art, to training and education. And then there’s gaming, which now generates over $134 billion annually.
Immersive Media gives you the skills and knowledge to ride the VR, AR and MR career wave.
In addition to gaining broad knowledge and understanding of the media industry and digital storytelling, you will:
- build a suite of VR, AR and MR creative and technical skills
- develop a firm grasp of gaming theory, history and production - you will learn about the technical aspects (art, coding differences, restrictions), the business side (corporate structures, cost of develop then and now, comparative elements), and the social implications (gender bias and demographics throughout modern history)
- generate assets including 3D modelling, rigging/animation, digital sculpting, PolyEdits and texturing
- work with high-quality technologies
- learn from experienced industry professionals.
You’ll also have the opportunity to gain invaluable real-world experience through an industry placement.
Degrees that offer this study area
- Digital games
- Virtual reality
- Creative industries
- Entertainment industry
- Education and training
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the courses and programs it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary programs and courses without notice. Please read the important information contained in the disclaimer.