The art of persuasion. Advertisements, newsletters, jingles, web campaigns—marketing uses media to give customers confidence in their decisions. It’s crucial to any brand’s recognition, reputation and growth. Marketers are strategists and relationship builders. It’s their job to know what people want and to reach out in innovative ways.
Marketing develops business and media skills relevant across all industries.
- understand buyer mind sets and behaviour
- learn modern marketing theories and research techniques
- analyse case studies and different marketing approaches
- prepare marketing reports and plans
- analyse consumer data to predict current and future trends
- practise advising on pricing, advertising, promotion, product mix, and selling and distribution channels
Degrees that offer this study area
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Creative Arts
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Media
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Creative Arts
- Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary) with Bachelor of Arts
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the courses and programs it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary programs and courses without notice. Please read the important information contained in the disclaimer.
Last updated: 09 Jul 2019