When it comes to new technologies, mechanical engineers are key. They design and develop innovative materials, processes and products to improve our lives and the world.
In our Mechanical Engineering major you’ll explore the materials and numerical methods used to solve engineering challenges in the field, as well as topics in advanced manufacturing.
Equipped with a deep knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, you’ll be in high demand by employers in a variety of industries. You could develop life-saving technology, or innovate in the sustainable energy field. Perhaps you’ll plan, build and test robots and robotic systems with artificial intelligence.
Degrees that offer this study area
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Mechanical) with Bachelor of Finance and Banking
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Mechanical) with Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Mechanical) with Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Petroleum) with major
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the courses and programs it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary programs and courses without notice. Please read the important information contained in the disclaimer.
Last updated: 09 Jul 2019