Politics and International Relations
Develop your understanding of the world with politics and international relations.
Discover the issues that face current and future generations of Australians. As a politics and international relations student at The University of Adelaide, you will explore Australian and global politics, and our relationships with other nations. Study a diverse range of topics including political theory, domestic politics, international relations and the rising powers of China and India.
As a politics and international relations student you will:
- Learn about political systems around the world and the challenges confronting them
- Explore the relationship between national politics and global issues
- Research the rise and fall of powers across the globe in countries such as China, India and the United States
- Debate contemporary political issues
- Examine issues of global justice, inequality and power
- Analyse national challenges and devise ways to develop and enhance public policy.
As a politics and international relations student you will learn the research, debating and analytical skills that are essential to becoming an independent and critical thinker. These skills will make you highly sought after by employers in a wide range of sectors, including state and government.
Degrees that offer this study area
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Criminology
- Bachelor of International Development
- Bachelor of International Relations
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Media
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Philosophy, Politics and Economics
- Bachelor of Sociology
- Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary) with Bachelor of Arts
- Diploma in Arts
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Arts
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the courses and programs it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary programs and courses without notice. Please read the important information contained in the disclaimer.
Last updated: 09 Jul 2019