Design your path to success. Graphic and digital designers play a crucial role in today’s commercial and creative worlds. Their work can be the difference people engaging with information or ignoring it; products flying off shelves or gathering dust; and brands achieving cut-through or fading into irrelevance.
They work in multiple media—from print, web and electronic, to video, packaging and interiors. And demand for their services is soaring. Visual Design gives you the skills and knowledge to create eye-catching market-savvy designs across multiple media.
In addition to gaining broad knowledge and understanding of the media industry, global design cultures and digital storytelling, you will:
- build an extensive suite of creative and technical graphic and web design skills
- develop a firm grasp of effective image- and brand-building principles
- gain complementary 3D modelling abilities and a foundation in photography or CGI
- work with high-quality technology
- learn from experienced industry professionals
You’ll have the opportunity to gain invaluable real-world experience through an industry placement.
Degrees that offer this study area
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the courses and programs it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary programs and courses without notice. Please read the important information contained in the disclaimer.
Last updated: 25 Mar 2021