Sometimes you know you need to communicate something, but aren’t quite sure where to start, or how to best get the message out.
Feel free to bring us your problem, and we’ll help solve it.
Our team can help:
- define your goals
- include market intelligence to inform your plan
- define your audience
- suggest the best channels (i.e. website, print materials, email marketing, on-campus digital signs)
- refine your message and tone
- provide structure for your project
- help you measure success
We can provide consultation face to face, over the phone or via email.
To get your job started, simply request help, and one of our team members will be in touch with you.
Things to consider before contacting us
- Background and business objectives
- Is this a response to an identified business opportunity, or a direct response to a threat? Provide details.
- Is this a follow on marketing initiative? If so provide details of first initiative including success factors.
- Marketing objective
- What is the overall objective or purpose of the initiative? What do you want to achieve?
- Desired response / outcome
- What is the desired outcome? Be specific. What do you want the target audience to think, feel or do?
- Does this align with the wider Faculty/Division marketing strategy or business plan?
- Define your target market
- Demographic, socioeconomic and geographic factors.
- Prospective students, current students, alumni, prospective staff, current staff, community, business and industry, etc.
- Current communications
- Are you (or other areas of the University) currently targeting this audience with other marketing campaigns or communications? If so what channels are we using?
- Competitive environment:
- what is going on in the market? In what context are we communicating the message? Do we know what the competition is doing?
- Value proposition:
- What makes our offering valuable to the audience? What makes it stand out from our competitors?
- What is the single most important thing we can say to achieve the desired response? Preferably this should be a competitive advantage.
- What are the key messages you want to convey to your target audience?
- What is your deadline?
- What is your budget?
- How will you evaluate / measure success?
Are you from a school, faculty of research area?
Whether you’re a staff member or student, your first point of contact should be your faculty marketing team.