Collected here are various handouts that the MLC has made to help with your study.
- Revision Worksheets covering Year 12 Maths
You can use the following worksheets to revise various topics from High School mathematics.
- Scientific notation and rounding: scientific notation and rounding worksheet download.
- Function notation: function notation worksheet download.
- Lines and simultaneous equation: lines and simultaneous equations worksheet download.
- Polynomials: polynomials worksheet download.
- Quadratic equations: quadratic equations worksheet download.
- Index laws: index laws worksheet download.
- Logarithms: logarithms worksheet download.
- Basic trigonometry and radians: basic trigonometry and radians worksheet download.
- More trigonometry: more trigonometry worksheet download.
- Matrix addition and multiplication: matrix addition and multiplication worksheet download.
- Matrix operations and inverses: matrix operations and inverses worksheet download.
- Differentiation: differentiation worksheet download.
- Integration: integration worksheet download.
- Complex numbers: complex numbers worksheet download.
- Summaries of useful facts
The following handouts are summaries of useful facts that you can have on hand to help you when you are studying or doing assignments.
- Table of derivatives and differentiation rules: table of derivatives download
- Useful facts about angles: useful facts about angles download
- Useful facts about 2D and 3D trigonometry: useful facts about trig download
- Useful trig identities: useful trig identities download
- Comparing trig and hyperbolic trig functions: hyperbolic trig comparison download
The following files are PDF versions posters that can be used in learning environments, or for your own reference
- Solving Problems
A flowchart of the process you should go through to solve a mathematical problem. It lists various questions to ask yourself to help you get started and finish a maths problem. There is a seminar to go with it that you can see the slides and watch the video too.
- Finding out about Assumed Knowledge
This handout contains advice on how to find out about the assumed knowledge in your courses.
- SI Unit sizes
This handout lists the sizes and conversion factors between the sizes of SI unit such as kilo, mega, micro etc. To watch a video about unit sizes click on the link below.
- Handouts from MLC Seminars
Each of the various MLC seminars has handouts and other resources on its own page. There are seminars on various aspects of maths learning, including understanding maths notation, solving problems and writing maths well.
If you have any queries please contact the MLC using the details below.