Fundamental Maths Seminars
Maths builds on several fundamental concepts, which can be quite tricky to understand because there is nothing below them to build on. These seminars were offered in 2015 and cover some of these fundamental concepts so you can succeed better in courses that have them as prerequisites.
- Fractions, decimals, rounding and scientific notation
This seminar discussed representing fractions using decimals, scientific notation and fractions. Rules for rounding, and some rules for working with fractions were discussed too.
- Rearranging calculations
- Rearranging algebraic expressions
- Rearranging formulas and solving equations
- Working with exponentials and logarithms
- Linear equations and straight line graphs
This seminar discussed graphs of linear equations -- how to draw them, their standard forms and how to find their equations.