Peking Duk heads Uni of Adelaide Open Night band line up
Tuesday, 18 November 2014
ARIA-award nominated band, Peking Duk, will head the band line up at the annual University of Adelaide Open Night on Thursday 11 December, joining other Australian groups: Allday, Safia, Flamingo, Skies and Cats DJs.
Future students will also learn more about campus life on Open Night with information sessions and an array of interactive activities.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Academic) Professor Pascale Quester says the distinctive University of Adelaide experience is very different to high school.
"University life isn't just about lectures and exams; it's also about meeting new people and enjoying all that campus life has to offer including live music, sports and clubs."
"University can be an overwhelming place. Open Night invites incoming students to explore the University's North Terrace campus, to learn more about our many services and activities, and to have a great time with their friends while listening to their favourite bands."
The event which is aimed at 2014 school leavers will run from 5.00-10.00pm on Thursday 11 December, with free entry from the Victoria Drive entrance. Note this is an alcohol-free event.
- talks by current university students and members of the Adelaide University Union about how to settle into campus life;
- a climbing wall manned by friendly staff who can assist with enquiries about degree pathways;
- a photo booth for printing Instagram snaps with the Open Night hashtag;
- table tennis and Jenga, courtesy of the University Sports Association;
- an interactive exercise to help make choices about overseas study;
- a text book tower building activity, courtesy of Barr Smith Library;
- creative maths and writing exercises that showcase academic support services; and
- a range of student club activities.
For more information, visit www.adelaide.edu.au/opennight/.
The University of Adelaide
Business: +61 8 8313 0814