Urrbrae House Tours
- Date: Mon, 3 Aug - Mon, 7 Sep 2020
- Location: Urrbrae House, Waite Campus, The University of Adelaide
- Cost: Free - bookings essential
- More information: Visit Website
- Contact: Urrbrae House +61 8 8313 7110
Urrbrae House is now open to the public via guided small group tours (with a maximum of 6 persons per session) on the following days and times:
• Monday at 11.00 am and 1.30 pm
• Tuesday at 11.00 am and 1.30 pm
• Thursday at 1.30 pm
On this guided tour, you will hear about the life and times of pastoralist and benefactor Peter Waite, his wife Matilda and their family, presented by University of Adelaide staff and volunteers. You will also learn about some of the unique features of the house. The tour will run for approximately 75 minutes, after which you may enjoy the gardens and adjacent Waite Arboretum at your leisure.
As we welcome the public back to our historic house museum, we're doing things a little differently as your safety is important to us. Admission to our historic house is via online bookings only and our guides will take visitors through the house in small groups (with a maximum of 6 persons per session). Visitors will be asked to:
- Maintain a social distance of 1.5 metres or more from other parties
- Use hand sanitizer on admission to the building and before using the heritage-listed Main Hall stairs
- Refrain from touching our heritage furniture and display items as these precious objects are not easy to clean and disinfect.
Please do not attend a tour if you are unwell, or are required to self-isolate / self-quarantine for 14 days according to South Australian Government health advice.
As numbers are very limited for these tours, please remember to cancel your Eventbrite booking if you find that you are unable to attend a tour that you have booked.
Urrbrae House is located on the land of the Kaurna people at the Waite Campus of the University of Adelaide at Urrbrae. Free parking is available in the Urrbrae House carpark on Walter Young Avenue, Urrbrae. Due to the original construction of Urrbrae House as a family home, visitors using wheelchairs and other mobility devices such as walkers can access the top floor of the building only. This includes the following rooms: Main Hall, Drawing Room, Arboretum Exhibition Room, Dining Room, Peter Waite Exhibition Room and Servery. For those using wheelchairs and other mobility devices access to Urrbrae House is via the eastern glass door of the house. Accessible parking is available at the rear of Urrbrae House, enter the Waite Campus, off Gate 3 from Waite Road, Urrbrae.