Explore everything on offer at University of Adelaide’s Open Day
Prospective students will get an up-close look at what their future careers might hold at the University of Adelaide’s Open Day this Sunday, 14 August.
A wide variety of activities, interactive displays and question and answer sessions will be held at the University’s picturesque North Terrace Campus from 9am-4pm.
Some of the highlights include:
- Go out of this world with a visit to the state-of-the-art Extraterrestrial Environmental Simulation (EXTERRES) laboratory, specifically designed to simulate off-Earth environments. Visitors can also watch lunar rovers in action on a mini lunar installation.
- Take a tour of the University’s Virtual Reality Suite to experience virtual reality technologies to discover what they look like, how they are made and what they can be used for.
- Check out the Australian Institute for Machine Learning (AIML), which conducts globally competitive research and development in machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision and deep learning.
- I object! See current law students recreate a legal matter before a moot court. Hear opposing arguments, take a position and see who wins.
- Attend an informative panel discussion on The Academy by Deloitte, a new and unique industry-aligned student experience program co-designed by Deloitte and the University of Adelaide.
- Explore the treasures on display in the Museum of Classical Archaeology, including the Attic Marble Lekythos fragment, a terracotta sarcophagus from Tarquinia and a Villanovan cremation urn.
- Find out if you’re a modern-day Romeo, Juliet or Othello with the Which Shakespeare Character Are You interactive quiz.
- Get immersed in high quality acoustic chambers for facilitating sound transmission loss, sound absorption, sound power and acoustic radiation measurements for engineering students.
- Experience the beauty of the brush stroke when you compose the characters of Chinese calligraphy with your Chinese name.
- Fancy a career in dentistry? Check out the Dental Simulation Clinic to find out how this technology is integrated into learning and teaching.
- Forget about mashed or baked potatoes – potato iced soft-serve is the coolest way to enjoy the humble spud. The innovative food science team will explain how this is possible.
- Go behind the scenes of the University’s new physiotherapy rehabilitation gym, plinth room, occupational therapy hub and speech pathology rooms.
For students who want to live close to campus, accommodation tours will be held during the Open Day, with free shuttle buses leaving from Gate 9 Victoria Drive to The Village.
The University will also hold an online Open Day on Friday, 19 August from 2pm-8pm.
This will feature talks from staff, one-on-one chats with future student experts and virtual tours across the University’s three campuses – North Terrace, Waite and Roseworthy.
To register for the on-campus or online Open Days, visit https://www.adelaide.edu.au/openday