Cross Institutional Studies Information
Sometimes it is possible for University of Adelaide students to undertake courses cross institutionally and count credit earned towards their University of Adelaide degree. In order to do so students must first apply for permission to undertake such studies. If you would like to undertake cross institutional study and count it towards your University of Adelaide degree, please read the conditions and guidelines below and then fill in the cross institutional application form.
- Applications will be accepted from four weeks prior to the commencement of the course only. Application submitted before this will not be assessed.
- Applications submitted less than two weeks prior to the commencement of the course may not be assessed in time for the commencement of the course.
- In most instances grades for the current semester (that is the semester immediately preceding the period for which the cross institutional application relates) must be available in order for an assessment to take place. Students should note that this may mean an assessment cannot be made in time for you to enrol into the cross institutional course.
- The course dates of the proposed cross institutional study will be considered in relation to critical dates at the University of Adelaide. Students may not be given approval to undertake cross institutional study where course dates overlap with University of Adelaide semester dates or exam periods.
- It is the student's responsibility to ensure that they have the appropriate approval from the University of Adelaide before undertaking cross institutional study.
When selecting a cross institutional course it is the responsibility of the student to ensure that:
- They have met any prerequisites for any course that they apply to study cross institutionally.
- If applying for an elective the University of Adelaide has not offered a course with similar content in the current academic year.
If cross institutional study is approved it is the students responsibility to ensure that:
- They are enrolled correctly according to the guidelines of the cross institutional University.
- They attend classes and complete assessments.
- They provide an original transcript of results to the Professions Postgraduate Hub in order for credit to be transferred.
PLEASE NOTE: Undertaking cross institutional study without prior approval will result in credit not being transferred.