Lean Six Sigma - Green Belt
- Course Overview
Completion of the Yellow Belt (Advanced) program with Executive Education is required prior to registering for the Green Belt (5 days) program. You can register for both the 2 day Yellow Belt (Advanced) program and the 5 day Green Belt program consecutively over 7 days. Please contact Executive Education on 8313 3268 for further details.
In more and more organisations, having an effective strategy for building and maintaining operational excellence is no longer a luxury, but an essential requirement for long-term sustainability.
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (Advanced) program provides a good introduction to jump-start efforts through small improvement projects and gives management the background knowledge required to formulate longer-term strategies for embedding an improvement mindset. However, it is the Green Belts who drive an organisation's improvement capabilities, using their greater depth of knowledge for increased organisational impact.
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program builds on the foundation Yellow Belt (Advanced) module and introduces participants to a more advanced and powerful set of concepts, tools and techniques for initiating and leading organisation-wide improvement. It will equip you to implement a culture of business improvement, and achieve increasingly higher levels of customer satisfaction, process performance and competitive advantage.
- Key Learning Benefits
- Identify and action improvement projects using team based approaches
- To implement a business improvement orientated culture in your organisation to improve customer satisfaction, process performance and enhance competitive advantage
- To lead business improvement project teams
- Become the key contributor and driver of the continuous improvement process at an operational level
- Understand how to maximise your organisation effectiveness and efficiency whilst working within current resource constraints
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the DMAIC framework
- Develop an understanding of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) based on the DMADV framework and various Lean Thinking based concepts
- Provides status for one elective subject in the Adelaide MBA (subject to normal enrolment requirements)
- Program Structure
The Green Belt program is delivered in one module of 7 consecutive work days. However, participants who've previously completed the Executive Education Unit's Lean Six Sigma - Yellow Belt (Advanced) two-day course or the Business Fundamentals module of our Professional Management Program will only be required to attend 5 days.
The workshop is a hands-on, stimulating and highly interactive learning experience, presenting ample opportunity for participants to advance their opinions and ideas. Participation is encouraged in a supportive environment.
To ensure concepts are understood, they will be reinforced through a mix of learning methods, including lecture-style presentation, open discussion, case studies, simulations and group work. An assignment is also included requiring participants to apply their own workplace concepts, tools and techniques learnt.
- Who Attends
The best candidates for Green Belt training are typically Senior Managers, Middle Managers, Front Line Managers, Team Leaders and operational-level employees interested in being involved in the process of improvement.
The skills and knowledge imparted are equally applicable to manufacturing, process or service industries, and to the public or private sectors.
- Presenter & Facilitator
- Benefits for Your Organisation
Made famous by organisations such as Motorola, General Electric and Honeywell, Six Sigma seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of errors and variation. While Lean, the embodiment of Toyota's Production System principles, focuses on waste reduction and maximisation of value.
Combining the two approaches provides a powerful methodology for embedding improvement and excellence into an organisations's core values - a disciplined process focused on delivering near-perfect products and services.