Master of Applied Economics Scholarships
The School of Economics makes a limited number of scholarships available to international and domestic students who are seeking entry into the Master of Applied Economics. Applications for the Scholarships are now open for 2018.
Each Scholarship provides a partial tuition-fee scholarship of AUD 10,000 under the conditions described below, to be awarded in two equal parts: AUD 5,000 in a student's first year of study and AUD 5,000 in a student's second year of study.
- Eligibility Requirements
In order to be eligible for consideration a student must:
- Have applied to study the Master of Applied Economics full time and be offered admission into the program in semester 1 or 2, 2018 at the University of Adelaide; AND
- Not be the recipient of any other scholarship or sponsorship funding for the Master of Applied Economics studies.
- Not have commenced a Master of Applied Economics at the University of Adelaide in the last 5 years.
No previous studies in economics are required to be eligible for a Scholarship.
- Selection Criteria
The Scholarships will be awarded on merit to students from anywhere in the world. Applications will be assessed on the basis of the applicant's university results and accompanying motivational letter.
In order to be selected as a Scholarship recipient, an applicant must:
- Achieve a minimum GPA of 5.0 (on a scale of 7.0) in their previous studies; AND
- Furnish a completed online application form by
- 14 January 2018 for semester 1 of 2018 commencement
- 17 June 2018 for semester 2 of 2018 commencement
While Scholarships will be available for entry in both Semester 1 and Semester 2, preference may be given to applicants able to enter in Semester 1.
The Faculty will grant up to ten Scholarships of AUD 10,000 each to applicants commencing in the Master of Applied Economics in 2018. These are partial tuition fee Scholarships only. The first award of the Scholarship will be made upon commencement of the first semester of studies in Adelaide. The second award will be made upon the recipient's commencement of the third semester of studies.
- VISA Entitlement and Requirements
Scholarship recipients are required to meet the cost of compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), living costs, cost of return airfares and the remaining tuition fees. These costs are not covered by the Scholarship.
The Scholarship must be taken up in the semester and year for which it is offered. The University may withdraw the Scholarship if a candidate fails to provide any required documentation or provides false or misleading documentation.
- Deferment and Withdrawal
It is not possible to defer the award and the Scholarship cannot be transferred to any other degree or institution.
Students who subsequently withdraw from the Master of Applied Economics program of study at the University before the census date for their first semester of study must repay the Scholarship in its entirety to the University. Any outstanding repayments will be deducted from the tuition fee refund.
- Application Process
Applications are now closed for the Scholarship
- Contact Details