2018 Professions Education Start Up Program for Indian students
The Faculty of the Professions' Education Start-up Program (PESP) is available to all Indian students who are seeking entry into an undergraduate or postgraduate program in 2018. The program provides a one-off AUD $4500 start-up grant for travel and living costs.
Prospective Indian students must apply for the above scheme via our online application form prior to the commencement of their studies to be eligible. Applicant will then receive a letter via email to advise the PESP Grant from the Faculty.
All programs offered by the Faculty of the Professions are eligible for the PESP Grant.
- Eligibility Requirements
In order to be eligible for consideration a student must:
- Have applied to study in any coursework program offered by the Faculty of the Professions and be offered admission into Semester 1 or 2 in 2018 at the University of Adelaide; AND
- Commence an academic program for the first time at the University of Adelaide AND;
- Be a citizen of India.
- Selection Criteria
The PESP Grant will be awarded to Indian Students who satisfy the eligibility requirements and are still studying in their program past the University census date.
- Please note: Prospective students must apply for the above grant via our online application form in order to be eligible. It will not be automatically granted upon admission into the University.
- Applicants in receipt of other Scholarships offered by the University of Adelaide are NOT eligible to apply.
- Available only to students who complete the full length of their degree at the University of Adelaide.
- In order to be selected as a Scholarship recipient, an applicant must:
Furnish a completed online application form by:
- 14 January 2018 for Semester 1 of 2018 commencement
- 17 June 2018 for Semester 2 of 2018 commencement
Successful applicants will then receive a letter to advise the PESP Grant has been approved from the Faculty.
The Faculty will provide a one-off start up grant for AUD $4500 for travel and living costs for students commencing an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program in 2018.
The grant provides a one-off, non-renewable payment for travel and living allowances only. The grant will be paid to the recipient upon their arrival in Adelaide and after the relevant census date within the semester or trimester that they have commenced their studies in.
- Visa Entitlements and Requirements
Grant recipients are required to meet the cost of compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), tuition fees, living costs and cost of return airfares. These costs will not be covered by the grant.
The grant must be taken up within the academic year for which it is offered. The University may withdraw the grant if a candidate fails to provide any required documentation or provide false or misleading documentation.
- Deferment and Withdrawal
It is not possible to defer the grant and the PESP grant cannot be transferred to any other institution.
Students who subsequently withdraw from their program of study at the University before the census date for their relevant semester or trimester of commencement must repay the grant to the University in its entirety. Any outstanding repayments will be deducted from the tuition fee refund.
- Application Process
An application for admission to the University in 2018 will constitute an application for the grant provided that a completed PESP grant application form is also forwarded electronically to the Faculty.
Successful recipients will receive the grant offer from the Faculty of the Professions. To accept the grant, the recipient MUST accept the University offer of admissions by the deadline stipulated in the admissions offer letter. If no response is received by the specified deadline, the offer of the grant will lapse and may be withdrawn.
The University reserves the right to amend the availability of the PESP grant and/or the information provided in the grant details at anytime.
PESP Grant Enquiries
- Application form