Waite Agricultural Research Institute
The Waite Agricultural Research Institute was established in 1924 following the bequest of Urrbrae House and some 300 acres by Mr Peter Waite to the University of Adelaide.
The objective of the bequest was 'to advance the cause of education and more especially to promote the teaching and study of Agriculture and Forestry and allied subjects'.
The Waite Campus has since evolved to include the renowned Waite Research Institute, Waite Arboretum, Urrbrae House Historic Precinct and Waite Conservation Reserve. It has developed into an integrated research and teaching precinct, representing a model for the collocation of agricultural research institutions. It also has a substantial history of working with industry through innovative research and quality education.
Visit the following University of Adelaide web pages to read more in relation to the Waite Agricultural Research Institute: