Roseworthy Agricultural College
Australia's first agricultural college was founded at Roseworthy, 50km north of Adelaide in 1883.
Since its establishment, Roseworthy Agricultural College has been recognised as the premier teaching facility for the sector and close partnerships with industry and government research groups have always been a feature of Roseworthy's development.
In 1991, the Roseworthy Agricultural College joined forces with the University of Adelaide's Faculty of Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences. Many of the best-known names in agriculture and wine are graduates of Roseworthy and in more recent times, it has become the key campus for research and education in animal production and dryland agriculture.
The University of Adelaide Archives manages the archival collection of Roseworthy from its earliest days through to its current role as Roseworthy Campus. The records vividly illustrate state government and industry efforts to establish a college dedicated to agricultural education specific to Australian conditions.
The University Archives, ably assisted by a volunteer group, has been able to develop a number of finding aids and reference materials to assist anyone with an interest in College staff, students and graduates as well as the broader topic of agricultural education and research.
You are encouraged to browse the resources listed. Any information located and used from these web pages should be attributed to the University of Adelaide Archives.
For assistance with research enquiries, contact the Archives by phone on (08) 8313 5184 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Roseworthy Agricultural College Photographs & Images
- Establishment of Roseworthy College (Including a Copy of the Act) - Parliamentary Library Research, 1979
- Naming of College Buildings, Roads and Walkways
- 'The Student' Magazine [1900-1991]
- Roseworthy Old Collegians Association (ROCA)
- ROCA Digest [1962-2000]
- ROCA Award of Merit Medallists
- Roseworthy Graduates 1886-2010