ARC Linkage Projects
The Linkage Projects scheme aims to foster alliances between higher education institutions and external partner organisations.
|Application rounds||Completed applications
for internal review
|Submitted to ARC||Status|
|Round 1||23 March 2021||13 April 2021|
|Round 2||26 July 2021||16 August 2021|
|Round 3||25 November 2021||16 December 2021|
Note: Applications submitted after 17 December 2021 will need to be transferred to a new (LP22) application on the ARC Research Management System (RMS).
Research Services review requirements
Please note: Linkage Projects have now moved to a tri-annual submission & assessment process, which took effect 20 November 2019.
Applications received by the internal review deadlines will receive complete checks, where we may be able to suggest value-adding improvements as well as check for eligibility issues.
A research funding request (RFR) must be completed online via RME6 before Research Services can submit an application to the ARC (see below).
Submitting completed proposals to the ARC
Before your application can be submitted to the to the ARC via RMS:
- submit a fully completed and eligible proposal in RMS, to the Research Office
- login and complete your RFR (replaces application coversheet)
In addition, the lead CI must obtain and retain the written agreement & certification for all CI's, PI's, and Organisations involved in the project.
Whilst the proforma states “The use of this proforma is not mandatory” the University of Adelaide as Administering Organisation is still required to obtain written evidence of all relevant persons and organisations necessary to allow the proposed Project to proceed. The specified format for collecting the written evidence for the University of Adelaide is the ARC certification proforma.
Collection and retention
The lead CI is required to collect a signed proforma for each Chief Investigator and Partner Investigator, and retain them in the event that the ARC requests that they be produced at some point in the future.
Please do not forward completed certifications to Research Services as they will not be retained. Note: certifications are NOT required for the lead CI or the University of Adelaide (who both certify by means of the RFR) or Partner Organisations (who provide a Partner Support letter in the application).
Documents & useful information
University of Adelaide resources
- LP Better Bidding Guide
- LP Section by Section Guide (produced by Research Services & Nicole Thomson)
- LP Section by Section Guide (produced by Faculty of Sciences)
- Partnering with the University of Adelaide in ARC Linkage Projects
- Generating an Application Word Cloud
- Research metrics guide
- Importing research outputs to RMS
- LP Budget calculator
- Salary calculator for ARC proposals (commencing 2022)
- Benefits of Linkage Projects
- LP Full eligibility review & checklist
- LP Partner organisation letter of support template
- UA master guide for submitting Linkage applications
Application section templates (with formatting)
- LP A4 Application summary
- LP A6 National interest test statement
- LP D1 Project description
- LP E2 Justification of funding requested from the ARC
- LP E3 Details of non-ARC contribution
- LP F1 Personal details
- LP F5 Research load - non-ARC Grants and Research
- LP F17 Research opportunity & performance evidence (ROPE) - career & research opportunities
Information session recording - June 2021
Presenters: Prof Marka Jaksa, Prof Lisa Hill, Ms Alison Birbeck, Ms Karen Burke, Prof Carolin Plewa and
Mr Simon Brennan
Information session recording - May 2020
Presenter: Dr Tim Anson, Research Services