ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA)
Focused support for early career researchers in research & teaching or research-only positions.
|Funding rules released||8 October 2019|
|Proposals open||16 September 2020|
|Internal NOI||19 August 2020|
|Request not to assess||4 November 2020||11 November 2020|
|Proposal review||4 November 2020|
|Proposals close||25 November 2020|
Research Services review requirements
Please email the proposal PDF to email@example.com.
If the proposal arrives on or before the proposal review internal deadline, the team will perform a full review, providing formatting and editing advice as well as eligibility and compliance.
Proposals received after this date will receive an eligibility review as a minimum, and a full review only if resources allow.
Submitting completed proposals to the ARC
Before your application can be submitted to the to the ARC via RMS:
- submit a fully completed and eligible proposal in RMS, to the Research Office
- login and complete your RFR (replaces Application Coversheet)
The ARC certification is not required for DECRA - applicants and their Head of School provide certification via the online RFR.
The Research Grants Unit will run a series of repeat application workshops/clinics to provide guidance for applicants in completing the ARC RMS application form. Dates will be added as workshops are scheduled.
Documents & useful information
- ARC DECRA website
- DECRA application review checklist
- Eligibility exemption requests
- Generating an Application Word Cloud
- Grant guidelines & instructions to applicants - GrantConnect G04383
- Importing research outputs to RMS
- Research metrics guide
- Salary calculator for ARC proposals (commencing 2022)
- Section-by-section guide
- University of Adelaide DECRA internal information sheet
Application section templates (with formatting)
- DE A4 Application summary
- DE A6 National interest test statement
- DE D1 Project description
- DE D2 Statement by administering organisation
- DE E2 Justification of non-salary funding requested from the ARC
- DE E3 Details of non-ARC contributions
- DE F1 Personal details
- DE F6 Research load (non-ARC grants & research)
- DE F17 Research opportunity & performance evidence (ROPE)