ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA)
Focused support for early career researchers in research & teaching or research-only positions.
|Funding rules released||TBA|
|Proposals open||12 Oct 2023|
|Internal EoI||17 May 2023|
|Request not to assess||TBA||TBA|
|Proposals close||7 December 2023|
Research Services review requirements
Please email the proposal PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the proposal arrives on or before the proposal review internal deadline, the team will perform a full review, providing formatting and editing advice as well as eligibility and compliance.
Proposals received after this date will receive an eligibility review as a minimum, and a full review only if resources allow.
Submitting completed proposals to the ARC
Before your application can be submitted to the to the ARC via RMS:
- submit a fully completed and eligible proposal in RMS, to the Research Office
- login and complete your RFR (replaces Application Coversheet)
The ARC certification is not required for DECRA - applicants and their Head of School provide certification via the online RFR.
ARC Application Workshops
ARC Application section guides (MP4)
Documents & useful information
- ARC DECRA website
- ARC grant guidelines & instructions to applicants - GrantConnect GO5768
University of Adelaide resources
- DE24 Better Bidding Guide
- DE24 Section-by-Section User Guide
- Research metrics guide
- Generating an Application Word Cloud
- Salary calculator for ARC proposals (commencing 2024)
- Importing research outputs to RMS
- Full eligibility checklist
- Eligibility exemption request
University of Adelaide templates
- DE A4 Application summary
- DE A5 National interest test statement
- DE D2 Project description
- DE D3 Statement by administering organisation
- DE E2 Justification of non-salary funding requested from the ARC
- DE E3 Details of non-ARC contributions
- DE F1 Personal details
- DE F6 Research load (non-ARC grants & research)
- DE F17 Research opportunity & performance evidence (ROPE)