ARC Discovery Indigenous
Supports research programs led by an Indigenous Australian researcher and build research capacity of higher degree research and early career researchers.
|Funding rules released||8 October 2019|
|Proposals open||25 November 2020|
|Internal NOI||28 October 2020|
|Request not to assess||24 February 2021||3 March 2021|
|Proposal review||24 February 2021|
|Proposals close||17 March 2021|
Research Services review requirements
Please email the proposal PDF to email@example.com to commence a review.
If the proposal arrives on or before the proposal review internal deadline, the team will perform a full review, providing formatting and editing advice as well as eligibility and compliance.
Proposals received after this date will receive an eligibility review as a minimum, and a full review only if resources allow.
Submitting completed proposals to the ARC
Before your application can be submitted to the to the ARC via RMS:
- submit a fully completed and eligible proposal in RMS, to the Research Office
- login and complete your RFR
In addition, the lead CI must obtain and retain the written agreement & certification for all CI's, PI's, and organisations involved in the project.
Use of the proforma is not mandatory, but is recommended.
Documents & useful information
- ARC Discovery Indigenous website
- Discovery Indigenous instructions to applicants
- Generating an Application Word Cloud
- Importing research outputs to RMS
- Research metrics guide
- Salary calculator for ARC proposals (commencing 2022)
Application section templates (with formatting)
- IN A4 Application summary
- IN A6 National interest test statement
- IN D1 Project description
- IN E2 Justification of non-salary funding from the ARC
- IN E3 Details of non-ARC contribution
- IN F1 Personal details
- IN F5 Research load (non-ARC grants & research)
- IN F15 Discovery Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Award (DAATSIA)
- IN F18 Research opportunity & performance evidence (ROPE)