ARC Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities (LIEF)
The LIEF scheme provides funding for research infrastructure, equipment and facilities that can be shared between higher education organisations and also with industry.
ARC Linkage Infrastructure Equipment and Facilities (LIEF) applications led by University of Adelaide or other organisations.
University of Adelaide expressions of interest and full proposals (invited only).
Process Timeframe STAGE 1 - LIEF bids led by University of Adelaide or other organisations Researcher submits Notification of Intent (NOI) to Research Services through RM6. 16 November 2020
- LIEF - administered by other institution (optional)
- LIEF - UoA lead (mandatory)
Researcher submits Expression of Interest (EOI) spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org. 8 February 2021
Late applications will not be accepted
Schools/Faculties consider LIEF EOIs & provide details of proposals endorsed & anticipated support to Research Services. 22 February 2021 DVCR reviews School/Faculty/Institute contributions/rankings & makes final recommendation on University contribution. 5 March 2021 STAGE 2 - LIEF full application submission LIEF scheme proposals open in RMS. 27 January 2021 Request not to assess due to email@example.com (for submitting to ARC). 10 March 2021
Complete and final ARC LIEF applications:
- an electronic copy of your complete proposal - the pdf report generated out of RMS
- signed UA internal signature page
- other organisations' signed certifications confirming cash and in-kind contributions.
Review deadline: 10 March 2021
Final deadline: 31 March 2021
Submitting an expression of interest form
Expressions of Interest are submitted to Research Services.
- Expressions of interest (EoI) form
for both University-led and externally-led bids.
After submission of an EOI, an internal process will be undertaken by the Schools and Faculties involved to rank and recommend bids to the DVC(R).
Late EOI's will be not accepted.
- Expressions of interest (EoI) form
Research Services review requirements
Please email the proposal PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org to enable Research Services to commence a review.
If the proposal arrives on or before the full application internal deadline, the team will perform a full review, providing formatting and editing advice as well as eligibility and compliance.
Proposals received after this date will receive an eligibility review as a minimum, and a full review only if resources allow.
Submitting completed proposals to the ARC
Before your application can be submitted to the ARC via RMS:
- submit a fully completed and eligible proposal in RMS, to the Research Office
- login and complete your RFR
- submit a fully-signed Internal Signature Page – Appendix 2
(naming convention LE2001XXXXX_CI SURNAME_INTERNAL SIGNATURES.pdf)
- submit Set of Participant and Organisation Written Evidence (Certifications) - Appendix 3
(naming convention LE2001XXXXX_CI SURNAME_WRITTEN EVIDENCE.pdf)
In addition, the lead CI must obtain and retain the written agreement of all the relevant persons and organisations to allow the proposed project to proceed as specified in the funding rules. This excludes the employing organisations of overseas Partner Investigators (PIs) and any participant's current organisation which is not their relevant organisation for the proposal. Certifications are NOT required for the lead CI or the University of Adelaide (who both certify by means of the RFR).
Whilst the proforma states "The use of this proforma is not mandatory" the University of Adelaide as administering organisation is still required to obtain written evidence of all relevant persons and organisations necessary to allow the proposed project to proceed. The specified format for collecting the written evidence for the University of Adelaide is the ARC certification proforma.
Documents & useful information
- ARC LIEF website
- ARC grant guidelines & instructions to applicants - GrantConnect
- Generating an Application Word Cloud
- Research metrics guide
- Salary calculator for ARC proposals (commencing 2022)
- Sample application form
- UoA expression of interest form
- UoA internal information sheet (LIEF 2022)
Application section templates (with formatting)
- LE A4 Application summary
- LE A6 National interest test guide
- LE D1 Project description
- LE E3 Justification of funding requested from the ARC
- LE E4 Details of non-ARC contributions
- LE E5 Summary of project direct cost
- LE E6 Summary of quotes
- LE F1 Personal details
- LE F5 Research load (non-ARC grants and research)