Strategic Research Team
The Strategic Research Team provides support to the University’s research community for larger-scale research funding to enable high-impact research aligned with the Future Making Strategic Plan.
The Strategic Research Team provides support for prioritised major funding initiatives in order to deliver an increase in the scale and diversity of external research funding and awards for the University. The team is responsive to opportunities as they arise, in addition to supporting the development of a continuous pipeline of funding opportunities that aligns to University priorities and plans.
Core functions of the team include:
- Horizon scanning, communication of funding opportunities and targeting of opportunities;
- Forward planning and the development of a rolling pipeline of funding opportunities;
- Coordinating selected, large-scale, collaborative, multi-disciplinary and multi-partner funding proposals;
- Liaising with external funding agencies and partner organisations;
- Providing high-quality proposal development, writing, synthesis and editing;
- Supporting complex international funding applications; and
- Hosting workshops for new schemes and the generation of new ideas.
- Mr Simon Brennan, Executive Director, Research Services Branch
- Ms Lynette Kelly, PIRSA/SARDI Partnership Manager & Strategic Grant Developer
- Dr Cadence Haynes, MRFF Opportunities Manager & Strategic Grant Developer
- Dr Dale Godfrey, Strategic Grant Developer
- Sanjee Peiris, Senior Research Development Officer
- Louise Moore, Senior Research Grants Officer
- Dr Nicole Moore, Senior Research Development Officer
- Khloe Xu, Senior Research Development Officer
- Lauren Champs, Research Grants Officer
- Dr Heidi Alleway, Strategic Grant Developer (on leave until Feb 2022)