Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA)
Focused support for early career researchers in research & teaching or research-only positions.
|Funding Rules Released||8 Oct 2019|
|Internal NOI||18 Sep 2019|
|Proposals Open||16 Oct 2019|
|Request not to Assess||20 Feb 2020||27 Feb 2020|
|Proposal Review||20 Feb 2020|
|Proposals Close||12 Mar 2020|
- Research Services Review Requirements
Please email the proposal PDF to email@example.com by 20 Feb 2020 to enable Research Services to commence a review.
If the proposal arrives on or before this deadline, the team will perform a full review, providing formatting and editing advice as well as eligibility and compliance.
Proposals received after this date will receive an eligibility review as a minimum, and a full review only if resources allow.
- Submitting Completed Proposals to the ARC
Before your application can be submitted to the to the ARC via RMS, Research Services will need:
- a fully completed and eligible proposal in RMS, submitted to the Research Office
- to login and complete your RFR (replaces Application Coversheet)
The ARC Certification is not required for DECRA - applicants and their Head of School provide certification via the online RFR.
- Documents & Useful Information
- DECRA home-page
- University of Adelaide DECRA DE21 Internal Information Sheet
- Eligibility Exemption Requests
- Section-by-Section Guide (to be updated Sep 2019)
- Statement by Administering Organisation Template - C2 (to be updated Sep 2019)
- DRAFT DE20 Application Review Checklist (to be updated Sep 2019)
- Salary Calculator for ARC Proposals (Commencing 2021)
- Research Metrics Guide
- Grant Guidelines (GrantConnect)
Application Section Templates (with formatting)
- DE20 C1 Project Description
- DE20 D8 Research Opportunity & Performance Evidence (ROPE)
Details of the DECRA candidate’s academic career and opportunities for research, evidence of research impact and contributions to the field, including those most relevant to this application
- DE20 D9ii Research Opportunity & Performance Evidence (ROPE)
Research Opportunity and Performance Evidence (ROPE) – Research Outputs – ii Research Output list
- DE20 F1 Justification of DECRA non-salary funding requested from the ARC
- DE20 F2 Details of Administering Organisation contributions
- DE20 G1 Research Support
- DE20 G2 Statements on Progress for ARC-funded Projects
The ARC no longer publishes Grant Opportunity Documents, including Guidelines (formerly known as Funding Rules) or Instructions to Applicants, on the ARC website.
You will need to sign in or create a User Registration account in GrantConnect to access all relevant documentation for Grant Opportunities.
Once you download the relevant Grant Opportunity Guidelines, you can choose to be automatically notified of any changes or addenda added to the Grant Opportunity.
Grant Opportunity Documents for DE20 (GO1742) are available here.
DECRA Workshops / Clinics
The Research Grants Unit is running a series of repeat Application Workshops / Clinics to provide guidance for applicants in completing the ARC RMS application form.