Supports research programs led by an Indigenous Australian researcher and build research capacity of higher degree research and early career researchers.
|Funding Rules Released||Sep 2019|
|Proposals Open||27 Nov 2019|
|Internal NOI||18 Sep 2019|
|Request not to Assess||26 Feb 2020||4 Mar 2020|
|Proposal Review||26 Feb 2020|
|Proposals Close||18 Mar 2020|
- Research Services Review Requirements
Please email the proposal PDF to email@example.com by 20 March 2019 to enable Research Services to commence a review.
If the proposal arrives on or before this deadline, the team will perform a full review, providing formatting and editing advice as well as eligibility and compliance.
Proposals received after this date will receive an eligibility review as a minimum, and a full review only if resources allow.
- Submitting Completed Proposals to the ARC
Before your application can be submitted to the to the ARC via RMS, Research Services will need:
- a fully completed and eligible proposal in RMS, submitted to the Research Office
- login and complete your RFR
In addition, the lead CI must obtain and retain the written agreement & certification for all CI's, PI's, and Organisations involved in the Project.
Use of the proforma is not mandatory, but is recommended.
- Documents & Useful Information
- Discovery Projects Indigenous home-page
- Salary Calculator for ARC Proposals
- Multi-Institutional Agreement (Discovery Projects) - TBC
- Importing Research Outputs to RMS
- National Interest Test Statement
- Research Metrics Guide
Application Section Templates (with formatting)
- C1 Project Description
- D7 Research Opportunity & Performance Evidence (ROPE) - Career & Research Opportunities
- D17 Discovery Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Award (DAATSIA)
- F1 Justification of funding requested from the ARC
- F2 Details of non-ARC contribution
- G1 Research support for all participants
- G2 Statements on Progress for ARC-funded Projects
The ARC no longer publishes Grant Opportunity Documents, including Guidelines (formerly known as Funding Rules) or Instructions to Applicants, on the ARC website.
You will need to sign in or create a User Registration account in GrantConnect to access all relevant documentation for Grant Opportunities.
Once you download the relevant Grant Opportunity Guidelines, you can choose to be automatically notified of any changes or addenda added to the Grant Opportunity.
Grant Opportunity Documents for IN20 (GO2021) are available here.