This scheme offers funding for research projects undertaken by research teams or individual researchers.
|Funding Rules Released||Sep 2019|
|Proposals Open||13 Nov 2019|
|Internal NOI||18 Sep 2019|
|Request not to Assess||5 Feb 2020||12 Feb 2020|
|Proposal Review||5 Feb 2020|
|Proposals Close||26 Feb 2020|
- Research Services Review Requirements
Please email the proposal PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 February to enable Research Services to commence a review.
If the proposal arrives on or before this deadline, the team will perform a full review, providing formatting and editing advice as well as eligibility and compliance.
Proposals received after this date will receive an eligibility review as a minimum, and a full review only if resources allow.
The following internal DP review checklist is available for applicants or support-staff interested in knowing what the Research Services ARC team are looking for when conducting full or eligibility reviews.
- Submitting Completed Proposals to the ARC
Before your application can be submitted to the to the ARC via RMS, Research Services will need:
- a fully completed and eligible proposal in RMS, submitted to the Research Office
- to login and complete your RFR
In addition, the lead CI must obtain and retain the written agreement of all the relevant persons and organisations to allow the proposed Project to proceed as specified in the Funding Rules. This excludes the employing organisations of overseas Partner Investigators (PIs) and any participant's current organisation which is not their relevant organisation for the Proposal. Certifications are NOT required for the lead CI or the University of Adelaide (who both certify by means of the RFR).
Whilst the proforma states "The use of this proforma is not mandatory" the University of Adelaide as Administering Organisation is still required to obtain written evidence of all relevant persons and organisations necessary to allow the proposed Project to proceed. The specified format for collecting the written evidence for the University of Adelaide is the ARC certification proforma.
Collection and Retention
The lead CI is required to collect a signed proforma for each Chief Investigator and Partner Investigator, and retain them in the event that the ARC requests that they be produced at some point in the future.
Note: Please do not forward completed certifications to Research Services as they will not be retained.
- Submitting Externally-led Discovery Projects
University of Adelaide researchers who are named as Chief Investigators on any DP20 proposal (regardless of the administering institution) are required to complete the electronic Research Funding Request (RFR) form (through RME6).
The external Administering Organisation will require the University of Adelaide to provide an Organisational Certification (Written Evidence). If the Administering Organisation provides you with an Organisation Certification, please forward to email@example.com.
Research Services will arrange for sign off on the Organisational Certification following:
- Completion of an electronic Research Funding Request (RFR) form (through RME6) approved by both the lead UA CI and their Head of School; and
- Submission of an electronic copy of the complete draft proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org – the pdf generated from RMS (naming convention DP2001XXXXX_CI SURNAME_PROPOSAL.pdf).
Following submission of the proposal to the ARC, please provide Research Services (email to email@example.com) with an electronic copy of the submitted proposal – the pdf generated from RMS (naming convention DP2001XXXXX_CI SURNAME_PROPOSAL.pdf).
- Documents & Useful Information
- Discovery Projects home-page
- Multi-Institutional Agreement - TBA
- Full & Eligibility Checklist
- Section-by-Section Guide
- Grant Expenditure Guide for Discovery Projects
- Salary Calculator for ARC Proposals
- Importing Research Outputs to RMS
- National Interest Test Statement
- Request not to Assess Template
- Research Metrics Guide
Application Section Templates (with formatting)
- DP C1 Project Description
- DP D7 Research Opportunity & Performance Evidence (ROPE) - Career & Research Opportunities
- DP F1 Justification of funding requested from the ARC
- DP F2 Details of non-ARC contribution
- DP G1 Research support for all participants
- DP G2 Statements on Progress for ARC-funded Projects
The ARC no longer publishes Grant Opportunity Documents, including Guidelines (formerly known as Funding Rules) or Instructions to Applicants, on the ARC website.
You will need to sign in or create a User Registration account in GrantConnect to access all relevant documentation for Grant Opportunities.
Once you download the relevant Grant Opportunity Guidelines, you can choose to be automatically notified of any changes or addenda added to the Grant Opportunity.
Grant Opportunity Documents for DP20 (GO2019) are available here.
Discovery Projects Workshops / Clinics
The Research Grants Unit is running a series of repeat Application Workshops / Clinics to provide guidance for applicants in completing the ARC RMS application form.