Australian Laureate Fellowships
The Australian Laureate Fellowships scheme supports excellence in research by attracting world-class researchers and research leaders to key positions, and creating new rewards and incentives for the application of their talents in Australia. Preference is given to researchers who will play a significant, sustained leadership and mentoring role in building Australia's internationally competitive research capacity.
|Funding Rules Released||Sep 2019|
|Proposals Open||18 Sep 2019|
|Internal NOI||24 Jul 2019|
|Request not to Assess||23 Oct 2019||30 Oct 2019|
|Proposal Review||23 Oct 2019|
|Proposals Close||13 Nov 2019|
How to Apply - Three Easy Steps
- Step 1UA Internal Expression of Interest – due in Research Services by Friday 5 October 2018
Prospective applicants are required to prepare an Expression of Interest (NOI) for consideration by the DVCR.
Applicants to be advised by 12 October 2018 if NOIs are supported.
The Expression of Interest should be developed by the applicant in conjunction with the Head of School and the Faculty. This is particularly important to determine if the School and Faculty can support the proposed applicant and that the application aligns with the strategic plan of the Faculty and the University.
Preparing Your Expression of Interest - Due 5 October 2018
Expressions of Interest must comprise the following three (3) components:
1. A Curriculum Vitae which includes the following information:
- Qualifications (and year of award for each award)
- Current appointment (Organisation, level and year of appointment)
- Summary data of Australian Category 1 grants and International competitive grants since 2013
- Summary data of refereed publications since 2013;
- Total higher degree research students (Australian and overseas) supervised, and higher-degree student completion number since 2013.
2. A brief project summary of up to 1 page.
3. A brief supporting statement comprising:
- An in-principle indication of the level and source of all pledged/requested non-ARC cash and in-kind support including confirmation of Level E salary; and
- Endorsement of the:
- Head of the proposed host School; and
- Executive Dean of the host Faculty
- Step 2Proposal review – due in Research Services by Monday 22 October 2018, TBC
Applicants submit the application to the ‘Research Office’ through the ARC’s online Research Management System (RMS) by 22 October 2018.
Applicants must also email a copy of the RMS-generated PDF (including the draft UA Letter of Support) to Research Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 22 October 2018 TBC for internal University review.
Research Services will review applications and provide feedback.
- Step 3Submitting Completed Proposals to the ARC
Before your application can be submitted to the ARC via RMS, Research Services will need:
- a fully completed and eligible proposal in RMS, submitted to the Research Office
- a completed electronic Research Funding Request (RFR) form available via ResearchMaster
In addition, the applicant must obtain and retain the written evidence of the Australian Laureate Fellowships Candidate and all parties necessary to allow the proposed Project to proceed.
Use of the proforma is not mandatory, but is recommended.