Animal Ethics Training
It is expected that all new University of Adelaide animal users will undertake training in Animal Ethics if they are to obtain clearance to work with animals.
The Animal Ethics Committee recommends that refresher training in animal ethics be completed at least every 5 years, in accord with requirements for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in the new edition of the Australian Code.
For HDR students to satisfactorily complete their welfare training, they must also complete either the online Animal Ethics and Welfare Induction Course or the face-to-face Animal Ethics Workshop, and complete the online assessment.
- Animal Ethics & Welfare Induction CourseOnline
- Download and read the Australian Code for the Care and Use of Animals for scientific purposes (8th edition, 2013).
- Familiarise yourself with the content of the University's Animal Ethics website: University of Adelaide Animal User's Handbook, University Policies & Guidelines, Application and Annual Reporting forms, and other information.
- Complete the Animal Ethics and Welfare Introduction course online.
- Complete the Multiple Choice Quiz Assessment Task, which will allow you to generate your certificate.
Practical Animal Training is available by contacting the Animal Welfare Officer.
- Animal Ethics WorkshopFace-to-Face
Details of future face-to-face workshops to be confirmed.
The Animal Ethics Committee recommends that University of Adelaide students and staff who are unable to attend the Animal Ethics Induction Training workshop sessions complete the online course.
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org