It is a condition of ethics approval that researchers report to the HREC:
- any adverse events
- any amendments
- on an annual basis throughout the duration of project approval using the Annual Report on Project Status form
- if the project is discontinued or completed (National Statement Chapter 5.5).
Researchers must immediately report via email to the HREC Secretariat anything which might warrant review of ethical approval including:
- serious or unexpected adverse effects on participants or others involved in the project
- unforeseen events that might affect continued ethical acceptability of the project.
It is a condition of approval that researchers report anything which might warrant review of ethical approval, including proposed changes to the application. Amendments must be submitted to the HREC for approval prior to proceeding with any changes.
It is a condition of ethics approval and the University's insurance policy that researchers undertake timely reporting. Ethics approval is granted for a period of three years subject to providing a satisfactory Annual Report on Project Status form outlining the project's progress and the researcher's adherence to proper ethical standards.
The Annual Report on Project Status form should be used for reporting.
To submit the Annual Report:
- Save the entire document (including any supplementary information) as one PDF document
- Email the PDF document to email@example.com
It is a condition of approval that researchers inform the HREC, giving reasons, if the project is discontinued before the expected date of completion.
Researchers are also required to inform the HREC when a project is completed.