Funding Databases & Directories
University subscriptions and public online directories listing Australian & international research funding opportunities.
Research Professional is an Research Professional is an online service providing access to research funding opportunities from Australian and global sponsors, authoritative research news and policy development, and expert guidance for winning research funding.
Other Databases and Directories
The SPIN research funding opportunity database contains over 40,000 opportunities from more than 10,000 sponsors.
- Create a SPIN user-profile
To access SPIN off-campus, or any of the advanced features listed below, you will need to create a user profile.
Advanced features will enable you to:
- save customised category filters & search options
- automate funding searches & email alerts
- bookmark funding opportunities, and share with co-investigators
- customise views and export reports of your search results
Create a SPIN Profile (Working On Campus)
If you are working from within the University network, to create a profile simply:
- go to the SPIN homepage
- click on 'Sign In'
- click on 'Need to create a new profile?'
- enter your details and click 'Save'
- Once your account has been validated by Research Services, you will receive an email with your login and password details.
Create a SPIN Profile (for Staff & Students Working Off-Campus)
If you are working off-campus (e.g. as an Affiliate Titleholder, or visiting fellowship interstate/overseas) you will need to contact Research Services and request for a SPIN profile to be created for you:
Once your account has been created by the Research Officer, you will receive an email with your login and password details, and may access SPIN from any global location.
- SPIN Help
Training Videos, User Manuals & Quick-Start Guides
- SPIN Training Videos
- SPIN Quickstart Guide - Anonymous user access & basic search
- SPIN User Guide - User help-manual detailing all of SPIN's extensive features
- EURAXESS Funding Search: Lists funding schemes that allow a researcher to move to and from the UK.
- GrantFinder: Australia-wide grants directory for business, innovation, and education.
- Grants.gov: All discretionary grants offered by the 26 US Federal grant-making agencies .
- GrantSearch: Australian funding database (fee-based subscription) for study, travel, research, the arts (and more).
- HHS.gov: Grants available from the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- Research Data Australia: Research Grants discovery service for research grants & projects in Australia