Find & Assess Research Publications
This section contains a list of useful websites related to finding, assessing, and classifying research publications.
- Finding Publications
- Aurora: University of Adelaide Researcher Outputs, Reporting & Analytics.
- Adelaide Research & Scholarship: Adelaide Research & Scholarship (AR&S) is the University of Adelaide's institutional digital repository.
- Google scholar : Search for scholarly literature by author or title.
- Scopus : Search for journal articles by author, year or journal title in this online database of research literature with over 15,000 peer-reviewed journals from more than 4,000 publishers.
- Thomson Reuters Web of Knowledge Current Contents : (formally ISI) Search for journal articles by author, year or journal title in the online database. Coverage includes complete bibliographic information from journal articles.
- Bibliographic / Publishing Directories
- Trove (National Library of Australia) - useful for clarifying bibliographic/meta-data, and with convenient links to third-party websites including Google Books and other online booksellers.
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory - search for journals, those listed "Refereed: Yes" are considered to have met HERDC peer review requirements.
- Benchmarking/Ranking & Performance Analysis
- GO8 - Benchmarking and statistics (Executive dashboard) - provides comparisons between the eight member universities over time for several key indicators of performance.
- SCImago Journal & Country Rank - a portal for global journals ranking, citation indexing, and other scientific indicators - useful resource for academic publishing and in support of grant applications.
Research classification codes may be required when submitting grant applications, or used to classify research outputs for collections such as HERDC and ERA.
- Read more about Research Classification Codes adopted within Australia.