Grant Accelerator Team
The Grant Accelerator Team (GAT) provides support to the University’s research community for larger-scale research funding to enable high-impact research aligned with the Future Making Strategic Plan.
GAT provides support for prioritised major funding initiatives in order to deliver an increase in the scale and diversity of external research funding and awards for the University. The team is responsive to opportunities as they arise, in addition to supporting the development of a continuous pipeline of funding opportunities that aligns to University priorities and plans.
Core functions of the GAT include:
- Horizon scanning, communication of funding opportunities and targeting of opportunities;
- Forward planning and the development of a rolling pipeline of funding opportunities;
- Coordinating selected, large-scale, collaborative, multi-disciplinary and multi-partner funding proposals;
- Liaising with external funding agencies and partner organisations;
- Providing high-quality proposal development, writing, synthesis and editing;
- Supporting complex international funding applications; and
- Hosting workshops for new schemes and the generation of new ideas.
- Ms Kerry Jaeger, Executive Director, Research Strategy
- Ms Lynette Kelly, PIRSA/SARDI Partnership Manager & Strategic Grant Developer
- Dr Cadence Haynes, MRFF Opportunities Manager & Strategic Grant Developer
- Dr Dale Godfrey, Strategic Grant Developer
- Dr Heidi Alleway, Strategic Grant Developer (on leave until Dec 2020)