- 135 for Times Higher Education (2019 rankings).
- 106 for QS (2020 rankings)
- 139 for ARWU (2018 rankings)
- Consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities
- 6 specialist research institutes
- Approximately 40 research centres
- 110 Rhodes Scholars (to date)
- 1625 academic research experts
- 2340 research students
- Top 4 in Australia for contract and consultancy research (Survey for 2013 - 2015)
- No. 1 volume university-industry research agreements in Australia (National Commercialisation Survey 2015)
- Highest level of Rural Research & Development Corporation funding in Australia (2015)
- Supported 700+ start ups since 2001
- 66 research fields rated at or above world standard (Excellence in Research Australia 2015)
- 35 research fields achieved maximum rating 5 out of 5 (Excellence in Research Australia 2015)
The University of Adelaide is esteemed worldwide for its influential contributions, and is committed to continuing the pursuit of research excellence.
The high quality of our research across a vast array of fields was recognised in the Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) evaluation, conducted by the Australian Research Council (ARC).