Mining & Energy
The University of Adelaide possesses a specialist cluster of expertise across geosciences, petroleum and mining engineering.
When combined with broader strengths in science, economics and social planning, we are well placed to support any current and future research needs of the energy and mining sector.
Our specialist research centres can offer integrated research, education, professional development and consulting services across all aspects of the mineral and energy resources industries; from exploration, planning and impact assessment through to processing and trade.
Faculties, institutes and research units
- Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
- Institute for Mineral and Energy Resources (IMER)
- Institute for Photonics & Advanced Sensing (IPAS)
- Centre for Energy Technology
- South Australian Centre for Geothermal Energy Research
- Centre for Tectonics, Resources and Exploration (TRaX)
- Graduate Research Opportunities
Four major global and national challenges - clean energy, food wastage, competition for arable land, and energy security - are being addr...
Agave, the plant best known for producing tequila, shows promise as a source of biofuel and other biochemical products.
Primary contact: Paul Arthur
Business Development Manager
Phone: (08) 8313 8310
Secondary contact: Violeta Babovic
Business Partnership Specialist
Phone: (08) 8313 1731